RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-sipt-04.txt

"Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz> Sun, 14 July 2002 00:51 UTC

From: "Peterson, Jon" <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>
To: 'Mark Watson' <mwatson@nortelnetworks.com>, sipping@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sipping-sipt-04.txt
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:25:54 -0500
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

Support for Content-Disposition 'handling' parameter is now specified in
RFC3261 - it is not predicated on supporting any ISUP MIME bodies (although
the fact that the parameter happens to be defined in RFC3204 has admittedly
been a source consternation to some, especially outside the SIP community).
In fact, RFC3204 defines the parameter only because it happened to pass
before RFC3261 - originally, RFC2543bis defined the parameter and the
isup-mime Internet-Draft referenced it in bis, but the definition was moved
to RFC3204 in order to get the document through the IESG.

So, I don't think we need to import the concept of Trust Domains to SIP-T in
order to guarantee that the Content-Disposition 'handling' parameter will be
understood. This is no more unsafe than relying on remote endpoints to
support any other statute of RFC3261.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.