Re: [Sipping] P-Served-User contents

"Ian Elz" <ian.elz@ericsson.com> Tue, 14 October 2008 13:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:49:09 +0200
From: Ian Elz <ian.elz@ericsson.com>
To: Rocío Collado <rcollado@experienceis.com>, sipping <sipping@ietf.org>
Cc: sip-implementors@cs.columbia.edu
Subject: Re: [Sipping] P-Served-User contents
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

Rocio,

The values which will be used in the P-Served-User will depend upon scenario.

If the S-CSCF and AS are acting for the originating subscriber the P-Served-User URI would normally be obtained from the P-Asserted-Identity.

For a called subscriber the URI would be taken from the R-URI.

These are the normal ways of identifying the served user.

For a diverting subscriber the P-Served-User URI would be taken from the R-URI when the terminating call is received. After diversion the R-URI is modified and some of the originating services for the diverting subscriber may need to be performed. This is the most obvious case for the requirement for the P-Served-User header as following the diversion neither the P-Asserted-Identity nor the R-URI contains the identity of the served user.

There is still one piece missing from the jigsaw however. Following the diversion some of the originating services may operate differently depending upon what has happened to the INVITE. E.g. OIR should now operate based upon the fact that the INVITE has been diverted, e.g. the OIR service should not modify the Privacy header as this is the privacy values relating to the originating user. In the diversion case the OIR service of the diverting, served user, should protect the diverting users privacy and should therefore either insert a History tag into the Privacy header if necessary of add history privacy to specific History-Info headers.

I don't believe that this new requirement should be included in the P-Served-User header however as the PSU is normally controlled by the S-CSCF and is only set by the AS in cases where the INVITE has not been passed via the S-CSCF. As a result there is a requirement for a new header which can be inserted by the AS and removed by the CSCF.

This requirement is still to be considered.

Ian Elz

System Manager
DUCI LDC UK
(Lucid Duck)