RE: [Sipping] comment on draft-rosenberg-sip-call-package-01.txt

"Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il> Thu, 21 March 2002 17:05 UTC

From: "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>
To: "'David R. Oran'" <oran@cisco.com>, "Even, Roni" <roni.even@polycom.co.il>, sipping@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Sipping] comment on draft-rosenberg-sip-call-package-01.txt
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:43:20 +0200
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

This may have privacy implication. Typically the moderator want to know who
is in the conference and build the mixing that will be sent to all
participants. He will not allow a change by the participant if this is a
controlled conference.

 I also think one
> participant
> may want to know why he is not hearing/seeing another participant (did
> he mute himself, was he put on hold, did the mixer decide he wasn't
> active, etc.)
This information should be for the streams he is receiving not for all of
them

> > As for video mixing the information needs to specify the
> > window in which the stream is displayed.
> Unless I misunderstand, this is both un-necessary and
> violates privacy.
> Why should other participants learn the window topology of my private
> display. Would you advocate reporting whether the earpiece is currently
> in my left or right ear?
This is not for the other participants. this is the information about what I
currently get from the video/audio mixer.

> What I think you are asking for is in fact something
> different, which is
> a mapping from the participant to the video region of the mixed video
> stream which contains his camera input. Is that in fact what
> you meant?
Yes, what I meant is that when I receive a mixed video stream and I want to
know who is in my incoming stream I would like to associate each source with
his position on the screen.