RE: [Sipping] Draft Minutes, SIPPING WG, IETF 56

"Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com> Mon, 14 April 2003 10:05 UTC

From: "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com>
To: 'Dean Willis' <dean.willis@softarmor.com>
Cc: "'sipping@ietf.org'" <sipping@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Sipping] Draft Minutes, SIPPING WG, IETF 56
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:03:15 +0100
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

Text of minutes:

"Do we want to work on this problem?  That is the real issue for us to
decide now.

Many people approached the mic and agreed to the requirements being valid.

Gonzalo took a hum level on taking the requirements as base for the work
going forward.  Hum level indicated interest."

Firstly, I thought the hum was on having a requirements document in this area being worked as a working group draft, rather than on the current contents. While I do not have any major issues with the contents, I prefer to get this correct.

Secondly, one of the comments I made at the mic related to the relationship to the solutions document in http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-sipping-session-policy-00.txt to the effect that the requirements document should be advanced, and when we have the requirements document agreed, we will then see if this solutions draft is the correct solution, or whether others exist. I think that it is important to capture something to this effect.

Keith

Keith Drage
Lucent Technologies
Tel: +44 1793 776249