Re: [Sipping] Testing the water: A transaction torture-tests draft

Byron Campen <bcampen@estacado.net> Tue, 15 May 2007 14:43 UTC

From: Byron Campen <bcampen@estacado.net>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Testing the water: A transaction torture-tests draft
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 09:43:45 -0500
To: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
Cc: sipping@ietf.org

	This is mostly Dialog-related weirdness (although there are a few
transaction-level cases here). Most of the examples are things that
can arise accidentally between compliant endpoints. I was thinking a
draft that would focus exclusively on transaction-level cases,
including cases where there is a broken/malicious endpoint sending
complete garbage. (For instance, ACK in a NIT, response to an ACK,
sending provisionals after a final response, mixed final responses,
an INVITE collides with a previous ACK/200's transaction id, etc)

Best regards,
Byron Campen