Re: [Sipping] draft-hilt-sipping-overload and RPH

Volker Hilt <volkerh@bell-labs.com> Wed, 05 September 2007 19:13 UTC

Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:11:06 -0400
From: Volker Hilt <volkerh@bell-labs.com>
To: Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] draft-hilt-sipping-overload and RPH
Cc: sipping@ietf.org

Janet,

it might be useful to provide recommendations for a reasonable
prioritizing of requests during times of overload. These recommendations
could cover the treatment of emergency requests as well as resource
priority (and maybe other issues as well). This should not be in
conflict with REQ13 and still allow for other local policies, if desired.

Thanks,

Volker