Re: [Sipping] Re: New Draft on TISPAN analysis for SIP solutions concerning the simulation Services

Miguel Garcia <Miguel.An.Garcia@nokia.com> Fri, 15 July 2005 06:51 UTC

Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:43:45 +0300
From: Miguel Garcia <Miguel.An.Garcia@nokia.com>
To: David R Oran <oran@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Re: New Draft on TISPAN analysis for SIP solutions concerning the simulation Services
Cc: "Jesske, R" <R.Jesske@t-com.net>, TISPAN_WG3@list.etsi.org, Silvia.Tessa@TILAB.COM, "Poetzl, Joachim" <Joachim.Poetzl@t-com.net>, drage@LUCENT.COM, sebastien.garcin@francetelecom.com, "Alexeitsev, D" <D.Alexeitsev@t-com.net>, sipping@ietf.org, "Huelsemann, Martin" <Martin.Huelsemann@t-com.net>
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Davd:

Because bodies are supposed to be end-to-end information, so if a UA
inserts a body, a proxy shouldn't be touching it, otherwise, it wouldn't
be a proxy, but a B2BUA or UA. So having a body here will just limit the
operation of the application server to B2BUAs.

We want to have the possibility of the application server that provides
the AoC information to behave as a SIP proxy, just reading the header,
and then providing the information by other means. For instance, it has
been discussed that the application server could send an Instant Message
to the UA containing either the information or a content indirection
link. This instant message will go out of the existing dialog, so the
application server could be acting as a UA for the instant message.

BR,

       Miguel