Re: [Sipping] Draft on SIP Interface to VoiceXML

RJ Auburn <rj@voxeo.com> Wed, 14 December 2005 14:38 UTC

From: RJ Auburn <rj@voxeo.com>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Draft on SIP Interface to VoiceXML
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:37:21 -0500
To: darshanb@huawei.com
Cc: sipping@ietf.org, 'Dave Burke' <david.burke@voxpilot.com>
Sender: sipping-bounces@ietf.org

Darshan,

I wanted to take a moment and address your questions about fetching
the document before returning a 200 OK to the user. The reason for
this is that with VoiceXML it's critical that the Media server be
able to fetch and load the application document before answering the
call so that the SIP Application Server is able to make a decision on
what to do if the document is unavailable. If the Media server is
unable to fetch the document there is no reason for the call to be
sent there and alternative routing should be selected.

Does that help explain the issue?

Regards,

	RJ

---