RE: [Sipping] Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-10

"Goix Laurent Walter" <laurentwalter.goix@telecomitalia.it> Tue, 23 January 2007 15:42 UTC

Subject: RE: [Sipping] Comments on draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-10
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:42:00 +0100
From: Goix Laurent Walter <laurentwalter.goix@telecomitalia.it>
To: Henning Schulzrinne <hgs@cs.columbia.edu>, sipping <sipping@ietf.org>
Cc: AZEMARD Sophie RD-SIRP-ISS <sophie.azemard@orange-ftgroup.com>

All,

>From a first look at -10 (already in -09 in fact) it seems that the 'application' profile type has definitely moved for exclusive usage with XCAP.

>From http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-xcap-config-01.txt : " Specifying the "application" type profile also implies the use of XCAP."

In OMA the BAC-CD (Push) group is working at defining an OMA SIP Push specification that relies on the config-framework to push to mobile devices using SIP, and in particular to the "application" profile type (although not using XCAP).

Since -09 we are trying to understand how to deal with this issue, would it be defining a parallel profile-type (by the way also with a "AUID"/application-id kind of concept) if using the config-framework, or specify our own Event package.

In both cases we would probably need some IANA registration and some further guidelines on the related process & time needed to release our specification.

Any comment or suggestion would be helpful.

Cheers
Walter Goix