RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-elwell-sipping-identity-interworki ng-00.txt

"Francois Audet" <audet@nortelnetworks.com> Thu, 29 May 2003 19:32 UTC

From: Francois Audet <audet@nortelnetworks.com>
To: "'Elwell, John'" <john.elwell@siemens.com>, "'sipping@ietf.org'" <sipping@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-elwell-sipping-identity-interworki ng-00.txt
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:23:11 -0700
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

Hi John,

This is a very useful document.

In any case, I've got a few comments:

- I would like to see a mention of how to relate SIP URIs and tel URIs
  for QSIG phone numbers by putting an explicit reference to section
  19.1.6 of RFC 3261. This could be somewhere in your draft, perhaps in
  section 11.2.2.

- There doesn't seem to be much guidance in your draft of how to
  indicate QSIG type of number information using the phone-context.
  This is precisely the type of thing that the phone-context was
  created to do for "local" numbers (i.e., within a private domain).
  For example, a enterprise foo.com might decide to use the following
  mapping for NPI/TON to phone-context:

  	NPI=Private ISO/IEC 11571, TON=	phone-context=
	level 2 regional number			level2.foo.com
	level 1 regional number			level1.foo.com
	local (level 0) number			level0.foo.com
	PISN-specific number			special.foo.com
	unknown number				unknown.foo.com

  Of course, an enterprise could choose to use a phone-context of foo.com
  as the highest level of the phone number hierarchy, be it Level 2 or Level
1.
  Also, the host could be diffent that the domain in the phone-context: you
  could have foo.com in the phone-context and serviceprovider.net as the
host
  domain. Also, this is just an example: the idea is that the enterprise
  would assign diffent phone contextes to different QSIG types of number.

  This would yield SIP URIs like
	sip:53756;phone-context=level0.foo.com@foo.com;user=phone
	sip:265-3756;phone-context=level1.foo.com@foo.com;user=phone
	sip:6-911;phone-context=secial.foo.com@foo.com;user=phone

  This is probably something that should also go in section 11.2.2.

  All this is very much in line with draft-antti-rfc2806bis-08.

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE
/internet-drafts/draft-elwell-sipping-identity-interworking-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.