RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt

Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com Thu, 25 September 2003 18:12 UTC

From: Markus.Isomaki@nokia.com
Subject: RE: [Sipping] I-D ACTION:draft-camarillo-sipping-exploders-00.txt
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:10:59 +0300
To: sipping@ietf.org
Sender: sipping-admin@ietf.org

Hi,

Actually I propose two additional requirements that at least to me would make the exploders more useful:
- The UA MUST be able to provide the set of destinations to the exploder as indirect content, i.e. using the mechanism defined in draft-ietf-sip-content-indirect-mech-03.
- The UA MUST be able to provide the set of destinations to the exploder by referring to a list as defined in draft-rosenberg-simple-xcap-list-usage-00, i.e. a list in XML format that can be manipulated by XCAP. The XML list can be inherently associated with the exploder, but  the exploder SHOULD support fetching lists referenced by their HTTP URI ad hoc.

The wording of the requirements cound be refined, but the idea anyway is that in addition to sending the set of destinations within the SIP request to the exploder (which is quite OK in itself), it must be possible to use pre-provisioned lists. The preferred way would be to use lists according to XCAP.

The service I have in mind is that the user could setup a list (via XCAP), and use that same list for multiple purposes: SUBSCRIBE to presence, send MESSAGE, initiate a session with INVITE. It may actually be that the same exploder does not even support all of these, as supporting INVITE might also require supporting media as B2BUA/mixer, which may not be feasible for an exploder implementing just e.g. presence/messaging list support. However, the list should be the same.

Rgs,
	Markus