Re: [Sipping] Device Identity

"Rohan Mahy" <rohan.mahy@gmail.com> Tue, 14 March 2006 01:19 UTC

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:19:43 -0800
From: Rohan Mahy <rohan.mahy@gmail.com>
To: "Xia, Zhi Feng (Bruce)" <brucex@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: [Sipping] Device Identity
Cc: sipping <sipping@ietf.org>

Hi,

I don't think there was a conclusion exactly, but Cullen recommended just
using the existing RFC for UUID.  This is what is RECOMMENDED in the
outbound draft.

While Dale is correct that MAC addresses are all in one address space, it is
way, way, way out of our scope here in SIPPING to define a new URN for MAC
addresses.  If someone does standardize a URN for MAC addresses (elsewhere),
we can certainly reference it.

thanks,
-rohan