Re: [siprec] Stephen Farrell's Discuss on draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-17: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie> Fri, 11 September 2015 23:58 UTC

To: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 00:58:19 +0100
Cc: "siprec@ietf.org" <siprec@ietf.org>, "siprec-chairs@ietf.org" <siprec-chairs@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-siprec-protocol@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-siprec-protocol@ietf.org>, IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-siprec-protocol.ad@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-siprec-protocol.ad@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-siprec-protocol.shepherd@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-siprec-protocol.shepherd@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [siprec] Stephen Farrell's Discuss on draft-ietf-siprec-protocol-17: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Hiya,

On 12/09/15 00:10, Alissa Cooper wrote:
> Stephen, thoughts on this?

Thought#1: I've lost context;-)

Thought#2; I met with Charles in Prague after that was sent (I think)
and explained the kinds of change that could sort this out. Basically,
(iirc) either you explain that this scheme is only moderately secure
(so not e.g. suited for large financial transaction scenarios) or else
you change it to ensure that the call participants cannot fake the
recording even if they have access the the right/wrong bit of network.
But I may be mis-remembering.

Anyway, having met with Charles I think he took an action to figure
out if the above kind of change worked in this case and I don't think
I've heard back since.

Cheers,
S.