NEW SNMP Security Documents

James M Galvin <galvin@tis.com> Wed, 18 December 1991 17:36 UTC

To: snmp-sec-dev@tis.com
Cc: Submission to Internet Drafts:;, TIS.COM@NRI.Reston.VA.US
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at NRI.NRI.Reston.VA.US
Subject: NEW SNMP Security Documents
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 11:47:45 -0500
From: James M Galvin <galvin@tis.com>

Well, the long awaited moment has arrived.  The final drafts of the 3
documents specifying SNMP Security are now ready.  In the next 5 messages
you will receive both a postscript and an ASCII version of the
Administrative Model and Security Protocols documents, and an ASCII version
of the MIB objects.

These documents are being submitted to the Internet Drafts directory in
parallel with their distribution on the mailing list.  I expect their file
names to be (although final judgement rests with the I-D Editor):

	draft-ietf-snmpsec-admin-01.ps
	draft-ietf-snmpsec-admin-01.txt

	draft-ietf-snmpsec-mib-01.txt

	draft-ietf-snmpsec-protocols-01.ps
	draft-ietf-snmpsec-protocols-01.txt

As agreed in Santa Fe, the 3 week timer starts ticking today.  In the
absence of negative feedback, these documents will be submitted to the IESG
and recommended for progression to Proposed Standard on December 31, 1991.

Please direct editorial comments to the authors.  Technical comments may be
sent to the mailing list.

Thanks for your support,

Jim Galvin <galvin@tis.com>
Keith McCloghrie <kzm@hls.com>