Latest (last?) updates

Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com> Tue, 26 September 1995 07:50 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com>
Subject: Latest (last?) updates
To: snmpv2@tis.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 00:25:23 -0700
Cc: Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com>

I've made the changes (see below) to the documents as directed by the
discussion of comments on the 20 September drafts.  Of the 11 documents,
7 are updated:

   draft-ietf-snmpv2-intro-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-conf-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-mib-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-proto-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-smi-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-tc-ds-05.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-tm-ds-04.txt

The other 4 are unchanged:

   draft-ietf-snmpv2-coex-ds-03.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-ip-ds-03.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-tcp-ds-03.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-udp-ds-03.txt

All eleven are available in /ftp/kzm/snmpV2.tar.Z on ftp.cisco.com.
I'll submit the updated 7 as I-D's tommorrow.

Keith.
------------

Changes:

1. Proto document, Page 12, updated as Uri suggested:

>     On receiving a management communication, the "Elements of Procedure"  |
>     (see [3]) is followed, and if those procedures indicate that the      |
>
>   This actually refers exactly to ONE (1) "Elements of Procedure", namely
>   the one defined in the intro document. I think we can make this more
>   genereal and make the coupling to our intro document not as strong:
>
>     On receiving a management communication, the "Elements of Procedure"  |
>     of the administrative framework in use is followed
>     (for and example see [3]), and if those procedures indicate that the  |
>
>   The reference to [3] actually is used twice on that page. The same change
>   should be made in the other reference I think.

2. UInteger32 is deleted (from SMI).

3. An additional update to the Elements of Procedure from RFC 1157 is
that a response need no longer be sent from the same transport address
as was the destination address of the request.

4. The TAddress and TDomain TCs are included in the TC docuemnt.

5. The "Note on Terminology" section (in 6 documents) now includes a
reference to the Intro document.  The Intro document has references
to all SNMPv2 documents in its Introduction section.

6. The ASN.1 commentary on the Report-PDU is updated to:

  --   Usage and precise semantics of Report-PDU are not presently
  --   defined.  Any SNMP administrative framework making use of
  --   this PDU must define its usage and semantics.