Coming to Closure

Deirdre Kostick <kostick@qsun.ho.att.com> Wed, 18 October 1995 15:48 UTC

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 10:09:13 -0400
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Deirdre Kostick <kostick@qsun.ho.att.com>
To: snmpv2@tis.com
Cc: kostick@qsun.ho.att.com
Subject: Coming to Closure

SNMPv2 Working Group -

Attached is a copy of the note
that I intend to send to the IESG requesting final
call on the 11 SNMPv2 documents.

A draft of this note has been shared
with Keith McCloghrie and Bob Stewart
to insure that I have the correct
version numbers for the I-Ds.

You will note that I have made
two "Executive" decisions to
bring the latest round of disagreemnt
on the Intro document to a close.

1) I have requested that Keith McCloghrie update the
Intro document per Brian O'Keefe's previous
suggestion. Specifically, to clarify
that the intro refer to SNMPvC.

2) After reviewing my archive copies
of the SNMPv2 mailing list for August, September
and October, I believe that this is a
fair assessment of the rough consensus of the Working Group.

3) I will support the recommendation to have
the Intro document move forward with Draft status.
I will support the Working Group through the
process-oriented objections that contend this position.

4) With a decision on these two points, I believe that
the working group is ready to forward the 11 documents
up to the IESG for review and for last call.
(Relying, of course, on the availability of the
updated version  (06) of the Intro document from
the editor.)

Deirdre Kostick
IETF NM Area Director

===============attachment==================================