Completed Proposal Drafts

Bob Stewart <bstewart@cisco.com> Tue, 08 August 1995 00:17 UTC

Date: Mon, 07 Aug 1995 19:35:24 -0400
To: snmpv2@tis.com
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Bob Stewart <bstewart@cisco.com>
Subject: Completed Proposal Drafts

The deadline has passed for submitting announced proposals.  Following is
the list as I understand it.  If I've missed anything I apologize and
solicit corrections.

Once the dust settles on this for a day or two, I'll think seriously about
assigning proposal numbers to try to help in discussions.

As I've said often before, I believe our best strategy is to synthesize the
best from the various proposals, rather than consider them as standing
alone.

In some cases Internet Drafts were not available.  Authors need to correct this.
In others I wasn't sure what had subsumed what.  Please inform me.

        Bob

------------------

Alten:

        Security Encapsulation of SNMP

        draft-alten-snmp-sec-encap-00.txt

Blumenthal

        Subsumed by joint proposal with Hein, Natale, and Wijnen?

Blumenthal, Hein, Natale, Wijnen:

        SNMPv2t Simple Network Management Protocol Version 2
        with Transitional Authentication

        draft-wijnen-snmpv2-snmpv2t-00.txt

Case:

        Not completed.

        Submitted proposed specific edits for corrections and
        simplifications to "SNMPv2 Classic".

Hanson:

        Subsumed by joint proposal with Kornegay?

Kornegay, Hanson:

        Extensible Message Framework for the Simple Network
        Management Protocol (SNMPemf)

        draft-kornegay-snmpv2-emf-00.txt

        (I'm assuming this replaces Kornegay's earlier Internet Draft.)

Mahoney:

        A Decoupled Approach to SNMPv2 and Its Features

        Internet Draft submitted?

        Data Filter MIB for Version 2 of the Simple Network
        Management Protocol (SNMPv2)

        Internet Draft submitted?

        Access Control MIB for Version 2 of the Simple
        Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)

        Internet Draft submitted?

        Protocol Operations for Version 2 of the Simple
        Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)

        Internet Draft submitted?

McCloghrie, Rose, Waters, Galvin; user-based security; completed.

        Administrative Infrastructure for Version 2 of the
        Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)

        draft-kzm-snmpv2-adminv2-alt-00.txt

        User-based Security Model for Version 2 of the
        Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv2)

        draft-kzm-snmpv2-sec-alt-00.txt

        (Several others of the SNMPv2 Classic set were edited to
        remove dependencies on the Admin model.  I'm assuming that
        these edits are a good thing in and of themselves and are
        not actually part of this proposal.)

McCloghrie, Rose, Waters, O'Keefe:

        Managed Objects for the Configuration of SNMPv2 Agents
        Implementing the User-based Security Model

        draft-kzm-snmpv2-usec-conf-alt-00.txt

O'Keefe:

        Not completed.

Romanov:

        Simple Authentication Mechanism for SNMP

        draft-romanov-simple-snmp-00.txt

        Very Simple Remote Configuration MIB for USEC admin model

        Not submitted as Internet Draft.

Wellens

        Not completed.

Working Group: