Final documents

Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com> Thu, 12 October 1995 10:14 UTC

Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com>
Subject: Final documents
To: snmpv2@tis.com
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 02:35:45 -0700
Cc: Keith McCloghrie <kzm@cisco.com>

I've made the changes (see below) to the documents.  Of the 11 documents,
5 are updated from the 25 September versions:

   draft-ietf-snmpv2-intro-ds-05.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-conf-ds-05.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-mib-ds-05.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-proto-ds-05.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-tc-ds-06.txt

The other 6 are unchanged:

   draft-ietf-snmpv2-smi-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-tm-ds-04.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-coex-ds-03.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-ip-ds-03.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-tcp-ds-03.txt
   draft-ietf-snmpv2-udp-ds-03.txt

All eleven (with change bars from 20 September versions) are available
in /ftp/kzm/snmpV2.tar.Z on ftp.cisco.com.  I've already submitted the
updates as I-D's.

Keith.
------------

Changes:

1. MIB document updated along the lines suggested by Brian O'Keefe and
Jeff Johnson.  In particular, all objects derived from the system and
snmp groups in MIB-II are now identical to their MIB-II definitions
with the same object desciptors and OIDs, with the new counters
(snmpSilentDrops, snmpProxyDrops, and snmpBadOperations) added to the
end of the snmp subtree.  As Brian observed, using a completely new
subtree was unworkable because of the existing definitions of linkUp
and linkDown traps in RFC 1573.  I've included definitions of all
obsolete objects from MIB-II's snmp group.  However, I've not included
definitions of obsolete objects from RFC 1450 because that would
require a dependency on RFC 1447, which would obviously be bad.

2. In the Conformance document, some of the Usage Examples were taken from
the SNMPv2 MIB.  These are now updated in line with the new MIB document.

3. In the Protocol document, the references to snmpStatsSilentDrops have
been changed to snmpSilentDrops.

4. Intro document updated to mention that authorizationError(16) value
for the error-status component of a PDU is unused in this administrative
framework, but may be used in future.

5. RowStatus description in TC document updated as requested by Jeffrey
Case.