Re: snmp

Kluchnikov Grigory <grn@ispras.ru> Thu, 26 December 1996 12:37 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 11:16:51 +0300
From: Kluchnikov Grigory <grn@ispras.ru>
To: snmpv2@tis.com
Subject: Re: snmp
Cc: eng50295@leonis.nus.sg
Sender: owner-snmpv2@ex.tis.com

J. IxeCool wrote at Thu, 26 Dec 1996 02:59:15 +0800 (SST):

> > hi everyone
> >
> > > my name is johnny and i m an undergraduate in National university of
> > > singapore
> > >
> > > i m working on a snmp project
> > > and i was wondering if i could seek your help
> > >

> > > i hav ucd-snmp-3.1.0.1 snmp agent which is a port of cmu-snmp for solaris.
> > >
> > > i hav some missing man pages for the conf. files: acl.conf, party.conf,
> > > view.conf, context.conf
> > >
> > > do u hav these man pages? without them i dont know how to setup snmpv2
> > >
> > > i also hav problem seting up snmpv1. how do u setup the community names
> > > and the context using snmpd.conf file? the man pages was not very helpful.
> > > i m more ignorant about the snmpv1 configuration. i understand the snmpv2
> > > configuration , i mean the parties and access privileges and so on. for
> > > snmpv1 r there such things? or is it only the community name: public and
> > > private?
> > >
> > > in addition, how do u extend the agent or customize ? do u just edit the
> > > mib.txt and then rerun the snmpd?
> > >
> > > i hope u do not mind helping me out.
> > >
> > > thanks for your time and advice.
> > >
> > > merry x'mas and a happy new year
> > >
> > > johnny

Hi Johnny!

I haven't man pages for configuration files for SNMPv2,
but you can see example files that I send to you.
And I send a document in postscript,
Perhaps it help you!

In additional go to http://snmp.cs.utwente.nl/.
There are a set UT-SNMP products, that include
configure files generator for CMU-SNMP.
Version UT-SNMP-3_1 is compiled for Solaris.

P.S.

Have you CMU-SNMPv2, that ported to Solaris?
I have some copy, but agent for snmpv2 don't ported in it.

Regards.
Grigory(Russia).