[Softwires] Concern about the inter-AS scenario in which the core transit network consists of multiple ASes//re: Protocol Action: 'Softwire Mesh Framework' to Proposed Standard

Xu Xiaohu <xuxh@huawei.com> Thu, 09 April 2009 12:46 UTC

Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 20:46:20 +0800
From: Xu Xiaohu <xuxh@huawei.com>
Subject: [Softwires] Concern about the inter-AS scenario in which the core transit network consists of multiple ASes//re: Protocol Action: 'Softwire Mesh Framework' to Proposed Standard

Hi all,

I just found in the folliowing draft there is some consideration about the
inter-AS scenario in which the core transit network consists of multiple
ASes. However, there seems no complete solution in current draft. I wonder
whether it is possible to convey the tunnel endpoint (the border IPv4/v6
router between IPv4 network and IPv6 network) address by an BGP extended
community attribute rather than the nexthop attribute? In this way, the
tunnel endpoint address could  keep unchanged during travelling across ASes,
and it doesn't require every ASBR along the forwarding path to perform
decap/encap operation.

Any comment is welcomed.

Xiaohu