Re: [Softwires] ***CAUTION_Invalid_Signature*** Re: Alignment between softwire-map-dhcp and dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 drafts

<ian.farrer@telekom.de> Mon, 11 November 2013 11:54 UTC

From: ian.farrer@telekom.de
To: otroan@employees.org, ifarrer@me.com
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:54:16 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
Cc: softwires@ietf.org, dhcwg@ietf.org, draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp@tools.ietf.org, draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Softwires] ***CAUTION_Invalid_Signature*** Re: Alignment between softwire-map-dhcp and dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6 drafts

Hi Ole,

How about:

--
The solution described in this document is suitable for provisioning IPv4
addressing and other configuration necessary for establishing softwire
connectivity using DHCPv6. This means that the lifetime of the IPv4
configuration is bound to the lifetime of the DHCPv6 lease. For MAP-E and
MAP-T, this is necessary due to the mapping between the IPv4 and the IPv6
address. Lightweight 4over6 allows for the de-coupling of the IPv4 and
IPv6 lease times. If this is required, then DHCPv4 over DHCPv6
[ietf-dhc-dhcpv4-over-dhcpv6] should be used for IPv4 address leasing.

Additional DHCPv4 options are not transported natively in DHCPv6. If these
are required for client provisioning, then DHCPINFORM transported in
DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 should be used.
‹

Does that cover it?

Cheers,