Re: [Softwires] ds-lite tunnel option

JiangSheng 66104 <shengjiang@huawei.com> Wed, 29 July 2009 21:54 UTC

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:54:05 +0800
From: JiangSheng 66104 <shengjiang@huawei.com>
To: Tomasz Mrugalski <tomasz.mrugalski@googlemail.com>
Cc: softwires@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Softwires] ds-lite tunnel option

Tomasz,

I guess you don't understand how IETF WGs work as a new comer. After drafts were submitted to a WG, it is the WG (means majority consensus) to decide how these works continue. You can express your personal opinions, but please do not ignore what the others said.

For my understanding, the members of softwire WG think a generic tunnel discovery mechanism as a extensible container is useful. There are two concerns: 1. if the generic mechanism takes long time to be consensus, some ungent requirements, such as DS-Lite, may have nothing to use; 2. in order to be really generic, the investigation should be done carefully to cover most, if not all, requirements; and at least some DHCP expert from DHC WG should be involved.

So, for me, we should do the generic tunnel discovery mechanism, but move fastly.

Best regards,

Sheng