Re: [Spasm] Updated draft-melnikov-spasm-eai-addresses

"Erik Andersen" <era@x500.eu> Sat, 09 July 2016 07:56 UTC

From: Erik Andersen <era@x500.eu>
To: spasm@ietf.org
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2016 09:56:06 +0200
Subject: Re: [Spasm] Updated draft-melnikov-spasm-eai-addresses

Hi Sean,

Sure, ITU-T will cooperate.

We have a little timing problem, but that should not stop us.

The eight edition of X.509  is due to approval at the ITU-T SG17 meeting in
September. It has features we need for Smart Grid security now. I cannot get
any new technical changes in right now. I can issue a defect report after
publication and in this way make it part of the eight edition. This should
not stop us from developing the solution within spasm and then later move it
into X.509.

The issue on breaking current implementations should be resolved.

Kind regards.

Erik