Re: [Speechsc] [RAI] RAI review of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-19

"Judith Markowitz" <judith@jmarkowitz.com> Wed, 15 July 2009 17:30 UTC

From: Judith Markowitz <judith@jmarkowitz.com>
To: 'Roni Even' <ron.even.tlv@gmail.com>, 'Dan York' <dyork@voxeo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:28:25 -0500
Cc: speechsc@ietf.org, 'Saravanan Shanmugham' <sarvi@cisco.com>, rai@ietf.org, 'Roni Even' <Even.roni@huawei.com>
Subject: Re: [Speechsc] [RAI] RAI review of draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-19

I want to support the position of recommending but not mandating. The
approach used needs to comply with the policies and procedures of an
organization.

It could very well be that those policies and procedures are far more
stringent than anything that would be mandated by MRCP V2. So, if a
particular approach

or  technology is mandated the use of MRCP may be rejected because the
security is not adequate or proper.

Judith Markowitz

J. Markowitz, Consultants

5801 N. Sheridan Rd, #19A