RE: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZEcommandandtest/uri-listcontent type

"Wyss, Felix" <FelixW@inin.com> Wed, 15 June 2005 18:36 UTC

Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZEcommandandtest/uri-listcontent type
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:36:42 -0500
From: "Wyss, Felix" <FelixW@inin.com>
To: Dave Burke <david.burke@voxpilot.com>, "Shanmugham, Saravanan" <sarvi@cisco.com>, "David R. Oran" <oran@cisco.com>
Cc: speechsc@ietf.org, "Bennett, Patrick" <Patrick.Bennett@inin.com>
Sender: speechsc-bounces@ietf.org

I think that's a terrible abuse of the MIME types!  The weight parameter
controls the weight with which the grammar is considered in a particular
recognition operation.  That has *absolutely nothing* to do with the
type of the grammar.  Using a MIME-type parameter for this would be akin
to controlling the text size of an HTML page through its MIME type.

I personally don't really have a problem with using an inline "one-of"
grammar.  However, if that's considered too much hassle for the clients,
what about introducing a content type text/grammar-refs for the
RECOGNIZE command?  Each line of the body would be a URI enclosed in
angle brackets, followed by a colon and a list of parameters.  For
example:

Channel-Identifier: 123456789012345@speechrecog
N-Best-List-Length: 3

<http://myserver/grammars/form1.gram>
<http://myserver/grammars/form2.gram>:weight=0.85
<http://myserver/grammars/universals.gram>:weight=0.75

Felix

RFC
> (e.g.  RFC2912 and RFC3803).
>
> We would be defining a new MIME header inside the MRCP
specification...

(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froumentin-voice-mediatypes-
> 02.txt)
> to add an optional parameter called 'weight' so we could use something
> like:

> The values could take on the VoiceXML definition, which I believe has
the
> right amount of generality.
>
> I defer to more experienced IETFeers on whether either of these
approaches
> appear tenable.
>
> Dave

The