Re: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZE commandandtest/uri-listcontent type

"Dave Burke" <david.burke@voxpilot.com> Wed, 15 June 2005 09:04 UTC

From: Dave Burke <david.burke@voxpilot.com>
To: "Shanmugham, Saravanan" <sarvi@cisco.com>, "David R. Oran" <oran@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZE commandandtest/uri-listcontent type
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:04:43 +0100
Cc: speechsc@ietf.org, "Bennett, Patrick" <Patrick.Bennett@inin.com>
Sender: speechsc-bounces@ietf.org

I did some quick research into extending MIME headers and noted the
following:
    - RFC2045 allows new Content-* extensions
    - No IANA considerations apply
    - Seems like new headers introduced in the past have had their own RFC
(e.g.  RFC2912 and RFC3803).

We would be defining a new MIME header inside the MRCP specification...

A slicker approach could be to request to the author of the I-D that defines
the application/srgs+xml media type
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-froumentin-voice-mediatypes-02.txt)
to add an optional parameter called 'weight' so we could use something like:

The values could take on the VoiceXML definition, which I believe has the
right amount of generality.

I defer to more experienced IETFeers on whether either of these approaches
appear tenable.

Dave