RE: [Speermint] More documents to read?

"Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@cable.comcast.com> Tue, 05 September 2006 14:03 UTC

Subject: RE: [Speermint] More documents to read?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:03:21 -0400
From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood@cable.comcast.com>
To: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>, speermint@ietf.org

> I am not sure about the status of these documents.
> Was the work on some of these document stopped already?
> Maybe some of them got incorporated into other onces!?

See comments below.

> draft-creighton-khandpur-speermint-srv-naptr-use-00.txt

TBD.  The authors received some feeback which I suspect will be
incorporated into a -01 soon.  This document is similar to a WG
milestone so the group may consider making it a WG item if the authors
make this request.  The draft is on the interim mtg agenda and will be
discussed there.  I suspect a decision on next steps for the I-D will be
discussed there and then subsequently discussed / confirmed on the list
afterwards.

> draft-houri-speermint-rtc-provisioning-reqs-00.txt

The author was asked to work with the editor of the WG requirements
draft (Jean-Francois Mule) to see if we need to, can/should incorporate
provisioning requirements into the general WG draft.

> draft-lee-speermint-use-case-cable-00.txt

TBD.  The author has an open request out to other cable companies
seeking additional co-authors for an updated I-D.  The chairs have also
asked other groups (mobile, ITSP, etc.) to submit industry-specific,
technology-specific, and/or region-specific use cases but have not yet
seen any of these.

> draft-lendl-speermint-federations-02.txt
> draft-lendl-speermint-technical-policy-00.txt

Michael Haberler is discussing the topic of federations and related
issues like federation policy at the interim meeting, so TBD.

> draft-mahy-speermint-direct-peering-00.txt

I believe this was intended to spur discussion, and I am not sure we're
expecting a new I-D.  Some of the ideas in the I-D are being considered
in the WG's architecture I-D.

> draft-meyer-speermint-reqs-and-terminology-00.txt

That became draft-ietf-speermint-requirements-XX.

> draft-niccolini-speermint-voipthreats-00.txt

This is a new I-D and one of several related to security & trust.  This
and similar I-Ds are intended to spur discussion.  Some of the ideas may
be incorporated into our architecture and requirements drafts.  Some may
also end up in a WG draft on trust & identity that is a future
milestone.

> What happened to this one: draft-penno-message-flows-02 ?

That became draft-ietf-speermint-message-flows-00.

> Ciao
> Hannes
>
> PS: Is there going to be a reading list for the interim meeting?

Best thing to do is review the latest agenda, which lists the drafts and
when they will be discussed.

Jason