Re: [Speermint] AD review: draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-05

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com> Tue, 16 November 2010 11:48 UTC

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:49:27 +0200
From: Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@ericsson.com>
To: speermint@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Speermint] AD review: draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-05

Hi,

thanks for having submitted a new revision of this draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-speermint-voipthreats-06

This revision addresses most of my comments below. However, I do not
think I got an answer to the following question:

> While message modification and eavesdropping is included in the
> threats against SF and MF, they do not seem to appear in the threats
> against LRF and LUF. Why?

Also, the reasons why Section 4.5 recommends TCP over UDP are still not
clear. UDP over DTLS would meet the requirements in both Sections 3.2
and 4.5.

Thanks,

Gonzalo