RE: [Speermint] draft-houri-speermint-rtc-provisioning-reqs-00.txt

"Jean-Francois Mule" <jf.mule@cablelabs.com> Mon, 18 September 2006 11:20 UTC

Subject: RE: [Speermint] draft-houri-speermint-rtc-provisioning-reqs-00.txt
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 05:20:16 -0600
From: Jean-Francois Mule <jf.mule@cablelabs.com>
To: Avshalom Houri <AVSHALOM@il.ibm.com>, speermint@ietf.org

Avshalom,

   I look forward to discussing this at the interim meeting. As the
first paragraph of my comments noted, it will be good to get more
feedback from the wg on this.

You wrote:
> I am still not sure where this type of requirements that are coming
> from a certain application as presence and IM should fit.
> Should they be part of the general requirements document? Should the
> be a use case document?

We should separate 2 topics here:
	- general requirements related to presence and IM as
applications subject to session peering. There are certainly generic
requirements that can be derived from these;
	- provisioning requirements in the context of session peering:
this is what your rtc-provisining draft is about.

I thought your focus on this draft was the latter, provisioning
requirements (which happened to be originated in the IM world but given
the wording, they could be applicable beyond IM).

Jean-Francois