Re: [splices] FW: New Version Notification for draft-loreto-splices-disaggregated-media-02.txt

Peter Musgrave <musgravepj@gmail.com> Tue, 28 June 2011 22:17 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:17:30 -0400
From: Peter Musgrave <musgravepj@gmail.com>
To: "Shekh-Yusef, Rifaat (Rifaat)" <rifatyu@avaya.com>
Cc: "splices@ietf.org" <splices@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [splices] FW: New Version Notification for draft-loreto-splices-disaggregated-media-02.txt

HI Rifaat,

I like the additions to the draft - makes it very concrete.

This matches what I remember being discussed on the list. It seems that an
unstated principle in section 4 is that the device which will establish the
audio connection is the device which answers the call, even if it is not in
the controller role. Is it worthwhile making that principle explicit?

Do you envisage a case where the device taking only video is the one to
answer the call?

Regards,

Peter Musgrave