[spring] 答复: Re: WG adoption requested for draft-filsfils-spring-sr-recursing-info

peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn Thu, 25 August 2016 02:41 UTC

To: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <sprevidi@cisco.com>
From: peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:41:02 +0800
Cc: SPRING WG <spring@ietf.org>
Subject: [spring] 答复: Re: WG adoption requested for draft-filsfils-spring-sr-recursing-info

Stefano,

see inline with [Deccan]

Thanks
Deccan

"Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <sprevidi@cisco.com>
2016-08-23 23:22

收件人
"peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn" <peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn>,
抄送
SPRING WG <spring@ietf.org>
主题
Re: [spring] WG adoption requested for
draft-filsfils-spring-sr-recursing-info

Hi Deccan,

> On Aug 23, 2016, at 4:39 AM, peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn wrote:
>
> Hi Stefano
>
> Sure, SRRI provided in this document can explicitly indicate a recursive
operation (or relationship).
> But it maybe a default behavior to do recursive operation when an
SR-NODE received remote prefix-sid with L/V flag set according to the
documents already existed. For example,
> prefix reachability advertisement received:
>     prefix (1.0.0.99/32)
>         prefix-sid (30004), L/V flag set,  //ISIS-SR
>         "IPv4 Source Router ID" is 1.0.0.4 //rfc7794
> Then, prefix 1.0.0.9/32 can do recursion to prefix 1.0.0.4/32 by
default.

there are other cases where V/L are used so I wouldn’t
bind these flags to the recursive behavior.

[Deccan] Yes, it is entirely possible to generate a segment list only
including segments with local meaning, such as adjacency segment list,
service segment list, etc., without any node segment. So it is not
appropriate to do recursive operation for local meaning segments by
default. There maybe other cases that I don't know.

> If "default behavior" is not accepted, we can define a new RECURSIVE
flag in Prefix-SID Sub-TLV.

if I understand your proposal, you could:
. attach the SourceRouterID (RFC7794) to the prefix
. attach a prefix-sid with:
   . recursive flag set, which means the sid is to be
      taken from the sourceRouterID
   . optionally set the V/L flag and also a local label
   . if no V/L flag are set, the value of the sid/label
      field in the prefix-sid must be 0 on transmit and
      ignored on receive.

[Deccan] The above last point could be modified:
In despite V/L flag set or not, the value of the sid/label field in the
prefix-sid must always be a valid value. That is, for recursive use-case,
it is its own sid; for sharing use-case, it is the sharing sid. However,
if the received nodes don't know RECURSIVE flag, for sharing use-case, sid
conflicting will process; for recursive use-case, no recursion to be done.

I see at least 2 problems with that:
1. the value of the prefix-sid you’re going to advertise
   will be misinterpreted by non-srri-capable nodes
   (i.e.: nodes know knowing the recursive flag). I.e: The
   value of the prefix sid would be either an explicit
   null label either a 0-value index.
2. RFC7794 states that: the Router ID advertised is
   always the Router ID of the IS-IS instance that
   originated the advertisement.

   This reduces the ability to use other addresses of the
   node for recursion.

Bottom line, having a separate repository for the recursing
information is the safest and cleanest option which allows
better flexibility (i.e.: allowing to recurse to a
non-router-ID address) and which ensure backward
compatibility (i.e.: non-srri-nodes will simply ignore the
whole srri info and consider the prefix as it had no sid at
all).

[Deccan] Yes, the alternate method only allows to recurse to a router-id
address. But, don't you think router-id address is enough for any segment
list? Especially for an SR-TE path dynamic computed by CSPF, I think a
non-router-id address will have no chance to represent a node-segment.
However, the alternate method seems to be not much clean than SRRI method,
for the possible sid conflicting introduced in sharing use-case, from this
point, the SRRI method is good.

> BTW, all we discussed is SID recursive but not sharing,

of course it is sharing. As defined in the draft, the
local label attached to the srri info it’s an optional
optimization. Without the local label, you will share the
same sid among multiple prefixes.

> even the first case in this draft is actually not SID sharing, otherwise
it will be cared by draft-ietf-spring-conflict-resolution.

No, it is not a conflict. Having a dedicated srri
repository makes it clear.

[Deccan] Ok, I have not got this point before. However, if router-id
address is enough, sid sharing seems to be not so much significant, do you
think so?

s.

> Thanks
> Deccan
>

> "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <sprevidi@cisco.com>
> 2016-08-22 21:38
>
> 收件人
> "peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn" <peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn>,
> 抄送
> SPRING WG <spring@ietf.org>
> 主题
> Re: [spring] WG adoption requested for
draft-filsfils-spring-sr-recursing-info

> > On Aug 9, 2016, at 5:55 AM, peng.shaofu@zte.com.cn wrote:
> >
> > Other documents have already addressed this issue,
>

> I don’t think so. Can you point to these documents ?
>

> > for example, set L-flag of Prefix-SID Sub-TLV in
draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-extensions-05 and contain IPv4 Source
Router ID in rfc7794.

> the L flag has the solely purpose of indicating the sid contains a local
value. Typically it goes with the V flag that indicates a value (i.e.:
local label).

> Nothing is mentioned regarding sharing the same sid among different
services.

> s.
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Deccan
> >

> > [spring] WG adoption requested for
draft-filsfils-spring-sr-recursing-info
> > "John G. Scudder" <jgs@juniper.net> Sun, 24 July 2016 12:54 UTCShow
header
> > Dear WG,
> >
> > As we discussed at our meeting, working group adoption has been
requested for draft-filsfils-spring-sr-recursing-info. Please reply to the
list with your comments, including although not limited to whether or not
you support adoption. Non-authors are especially encouraged to comment.

> > We will end the call on August 31, 2015.
> >
> > Authors, please indicate whether you are aware of any relevant IPR and
if so, whether it has been disclosed.