Re: [spring] Request for WG review and adoption of draft-li-spring-srv6-path-segment-04.txt

"Weiqiang Cheng" <chengweiqiang@chinamobile.com> Tue, 12 November 2019 04:42 UTC

From: Weiqiang Cheng <chengweiqiang@chinamobile.com>
To: 'SPRING WG List' <spring@ietf.org>, "'Chengli (Cheng Li)'" <chengli13@huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:42:02 +0800
Subject: Re: [spring] Request for WG review and adoption of draft-li-spring-srv6-path-segment-04.txt

Hi Group,
>From carriers' point view, the application scenario for the Path Segment is
valid. It can provide some important functions as follows.
1. E2E performance monitoring. SID list information does not always include
all the information of the Path, for example the reduce mode. Even if the
SID list carries all the path information, it is too long in terms of
implementation.
2.Based on the path segment, we can provide such as bi-directional LSP
easily.

B.R.
Weiqiang Cheng