Re: [Spud] questions on the BoF outcome

G Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk> Fri, 22 July 2016 16:44 UTC

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 18:44:17 +0200
From: G Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
To: Toerless Eckert <eckert@cisco.com>
Cc: "Fossati, Thomas (Nokia - GB)" <thomas.fossati@nokia.com>, Szilveszter Nadas <Szilveszter.Nadas@ericsson.com>, Ian Swett <ianswett@google.com>, "spud@ietf.org" <spud@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Spud] questions on the BoF outcome

I'm also hoping this proceeds. We need a framining like this to allow us
to continue transport inovation.

Being able to see, but also protect (MAC) certain protocol fields in the
transport header seems a positive step towards ensuring end-to-end
semantics as we look at new protocols. From this perspective, it is sooo
much better than using a TCP header field, RTP option, or IPv6 header.

Gorry