Organizations that already have handbooks

Dudley Irish <dirish@math.utah.edu> Wed, 04 April 1990 21:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 04 Apr 1990 15:08:24 -0600
From: Dudley Irish <dirish@math.utah.edu>
To: ssphwg@cert.sei.cmu.edu
Subject: Organizations that already have handbooks

I have heard rumors that the University of Utah is thinking (in its
collective mind) of creating a university wide committee to examine
computer security.  That is why this mailing list seemed so topical to
me.  What I would like to know is whether anybody out there is at a
University that has already drafted a security document of some type.
And, if so, could they make copies electronic-ly available.

I would like to have some concrete examples of University security
documents to pass on to this committee if it does get created.  Also,
I think that in trying to draft a handbook on how to create such a
document, looking at a few examples would help.

Dudley Irish
Manager Computer Operations
Center for Scientific Computing
Department of Mathematics