Re: [Stackevo] My notes on https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-marnew-report-00

"Brian Trammell (IETF)" <ietf@trammell.ch> Tue, 05 September 2017 09:50 UTC

From: "Brian Trammell (IETF)" <ietf@trammell.ch>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 11:50:43 +0200
Cc: Stackevo <stackevo@iab.org>
To: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Stackevo] My notes on https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-marnew-report-00

hi Spencer,

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 02:26, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear StackEvo,
>
> Brian has Natasha and I down to provide an updated Marnew report for discussion on this week's call.
>
> I went through https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-marnew-report-00, and had a bunch of comments (below), but the vast majority are nits. The biggest changes I proposed were putting paragraphs in Section 7 and Section 8 that said basically "this is what we thought immediately after the workshop", and that's the outstanding comment I remember when we last worked on this draft.
>
> The high-order bit on this is that Natasha and the people who commented have this draft in pretty good shape now. I have better understanding of the bar for IETF stream docs than for IAB docs, but that's the way it looks to me.
>
> So, I should also ask - this version is just a name change from https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nrooney-marnew-report-03, and -03 and -02 were only date changes to prevent expiry. Has the IAB, or anyone else, provided comments since April 4, 2016, when -01 (which contained lots of changes) was submitted? I likely wouldn't have seen them.

IIRC (the Mailman archives are empty, and my other old archived mail is stored offline at the moment, so if someone recalls this message and can find it I'd appreciate it), the IAB received comments from Stephen Farrell amounting largely to "this document is too neutral about certain operational practices", which IMO kind of misses the point of a workshop report to report on the discussion at a workshop. I don't recall any other input.

The only additional comment from the Prague stackevo meeting was "correct tense in Next Steps, and remove items overtaken by events" -- the document should report what happened, but it should be current.

Cheers,

Brian