Re: [stir] Can canonical phone numbers survive SBCs and other middle boxes?

"Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz> Fri, 07 June 2013 18:08 UTC

From: "Rosen, Brian" <Brian.Rosen@neustar.biz>
To: Hadriel Kaplan <hkaplan@acmepacket.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 18:08:04 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.33.193.6]
x-ems-proccessed: R64IxjzeHPwwd+efoj3ZcA==
x-ems-stamp: tkDBvtIl/FTtQ3rs+9KSvA==
Cc: "stir@ietf.org" <stir@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [stir] Can canonical phone numbers survive SBCs and other middle boxes?

Yes, I'm asking if we can avoid using alternative headers.

I'll start a thread on call forward/follow-me.

I think presence of most prefixes would be pretty easy to deal with.  I would not expect to see the PBX prefixes (9-1-202-555-1212), because the downstream entities couldn't route if they were there.

Can anyone else on the list find examples where prefixes may confuse a canonicalization routine on From/To?

Brian