Re: [stir] draft-peterson-stir-threats-00.txt

"Gorman, Pierce A [NTK]" <Pierce.Gorman@sprint.com> Thu, 07 November 2013 17:10 UTC

From: "Gorman, Pierce A [NTK]" <Pierce.Gorman@sprint.com>
To: Henning Schulzrinne <Henning.Schulzrinne@fcc.gov>, 'Michael Hammer' <michael.hammer@yaanatech.com>, "br@brianrosen.net" <br@brianrosen.net>, "richard@shockey.us" <richard@shockey.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 17:09:33 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.229.76.114]
Cc: "stir@ietf.org" <stir@ietf.org>, "fmousinh@cisco.com" <fmousinh@cisco.com>, "cnit@ietf.org" <cnit@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [stir] draft-peterson-stir-threats-00.txt

In addition to the examples of certifying organizations that Henning provided, there are Barron's, Moody's, Dun & Bradstreet, Equifax, Experion, KPMG, Deloitte-Touche, NYSE, NASDAQ, et cetera.

Do we even need the categories, or do we just need 3rd parties to be expert at vetting the authenticity of an originator?  If it is the latter, I remain unconcerned about the business model aspects.

Pierce