Re: [storm] SPC-2 reserve/release: Proposed text

Ralph Weber <roweber@ieee.org> Tue, 25 September 2012 16:57 UTC

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:57:30 -0500
From: Ralph Weber <roweber@ieee.org>
To: storm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [storm] SPC-2 reserve/release: Proposed text

David,

I believe a paragraph break is needed as shown in the following:

>   Reserve/release reservations are obsolete [SPC3] and SHOULD NOT be
>   used; persistent reservations SHOULD be used instead.  [break] The
> I_T Nexus
>   state for persistent reservations is generally required ...

The chances of confusion are high when a paragraph that begins
with a discussion of reserve/release reservations continues into
the persistent reservations territory.

Also please be aware that Annex B of SPC-4 describes the means
by which the use of reserve/release reservations can be adapted
to employ persistent reservations. I am not sure this an appropriate
informative reference for an RFC, but it seems worthy of mention
on this reflector.

All the best,

.Ralph