Re: [storm] On Virtual Address, Steering Address, Base Offset, Tagged Base Offset and more

Tom Talpey <ttalpey@microsoft.com> Fri, 15 July 2011 19:14 UTC

From: Tom Talpey <ttalpey@microsoft.com>
To: Michael Ko <Michael@huaweisymantec.com>, "storm@ietf.org" <storm@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:14:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.54.51.36]
Subject: Re: [storm] On Virtual Address, Steering Address, Base Offset, Tagged Base Offset and more

Sounds good. I assume you'll scan the document for other instances of the term "address" etc. I also spot a few uses of the term "points to" in 6.9 and 7.3.1. The one in 7.3.1 is associated with some questionable text indicating that the arithmetic is not needed (Base Offset == Tagged Offset). I assume you will investigate those as part of tightening up the TO calculation rules..

Tom.