Re: [Stox] review: stox-im-03

Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> Wed, 25 September 2013 02:18 UTC

Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:17:57 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
To: Salvatore Loreto <salvatore.loreto@ericsson.com>
Cc: "stox@ietf.org" <stox@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Stox] review: stox-im-03

Here is proposed text for placement at the end of Section 4
("Interdomain Federation") in the -core document:

   Because [RFC6120] specifies a binding of XMPP to TCP, a gateway from
   SIP to XMPP will need to support TCP as the underlying transport
   protocol.  By contrast, as specified in [RFC3261], either TCP or UDP
   can be used as the underlying transport for SIP messages, and a given
   SIP deployment might support only UDP; therefore, a gateway from XMPP
   to SIP might need to communicate with a SIP service using either TCP
   or UDP.

Peter