Re: [sunset4] [v6ops] The need for local-ipv4 socket transition solutions -- NAT64/DNS64 remains insufficient

"George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com> Fri, 03 April 2015 14:08 UTC

From: "George, Wes" <wesley.george@twcable.com>
To: Ca By <cb.list6@gmail.com>, IPv6 Ops WG <v6ops@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:08:38 -0400
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "sunset4@ietf.org" <sunset4@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [sunset4] [v6ops] The need for local-ipv4 socket transition solutions -- NAT64/DNS64 remains insufficient

Again +Sunset4.

Cameron, perhaps you want to suggest text (or modify what you've written below) to bolster section 7 of https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sunset4-gapanalysis-06 including the addition of a recommendation around IPv6-only + IPv4 host socket support? I think that'd be a useful addition to the document, but am also open to a discussion in sunset4 about a standalone BCP document covering this specific issue that is simply referenced from the gap analysis.

Thanks,

Wes George, wearing his Sunset4 WG chair cowboy hat