[Taps] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-taps-interface-26: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 18 April 2024 13:58 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-taps-interface@ietf.org, taps-chairs@ietf.org, taps@ietf.org, anna.brunstrom@kau.se
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:58:10 -0700
Subject: [Taps] Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-taps-interface-26: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-taps-interface-26: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-interface/

COMMENT:

Thanks to Robert Sparks for his dual ARTART reviews.

Kudos to the document shepherd who took the time to give a comprehensive
explanation as to why there are eight authors, saving us the investigation and
debate.

In Section 5, in the second bullet, the two SHOULDs seem redundant to each
other to me.

Various other SHOULDs in the document (Sections 6, 8, and 9 mainly) left me
wondering "Why?".  I think you might be using at least some of them to mean
"this is really good advice", while BCP 14 is meant more to constrain
implementations for interoperability reasons.  You might consider adding some
text to them that explains why they're short of a MUST, or just make them fully
OPTIONAL.  I note Roman's most recent comments and was tempted to DISCUSS this,
so please do give it a second look.