Re: [tcpm] comments on draft-kang-tcpm-accurate-data-scheduling-by-server-00

Kangjiao <kangjiao@huawei.com> Thu, 23 July 2020 04:38 UTC

From: Kangjiao <kangjiao@huawei.com>
To: Christoph Paasch <cpaasch@apple.com>
CC: Yoshifumi Nishida <nsd.ietf@gmail.com>, "tcpm@ietf.org Extensions" <tcpm@ietf.org>, Liangqiandeng <liangqiandeng@huawei.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 04:38:31 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.67.102.89]
Subject: Re: [tcpm] comments on draft-kang-tcpm-accurate-data-scheduling-by-server-00

Hi Christoph,

From my perspective, I think following are two different requirements:

1. Making all the traffic towards S2 (for this case, MP_PRIO may be enough)

2. Making traffic only from <IP_C1, IP_S1> to the destination IP_S2, which means diverting traffic that should be scheduled to <IP_C1, IP_S1> to one subflow belonging to the target network interface (it is "on-demand scheduling", for this case, MP_PRIO is not enough)

What do you think?

Sincerely
Jiao