Re: [tcpm] WGLC: TCP's Reaction to Soft Errors

Arifumi Matsumoto <arifumi@nttv6.net> Tue, 10 April 2007 05:18 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:17:02 +0900
From: Arifumi Matsumoto <arifumi@nttv6.net>
To: tcpm@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [tcpm] WGLC: TCP's Reaction to Soft Errors

Hi, all.

Ted Faber wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:13:28AM -0700, Ted Faber wrote:
>> Mark and I would like to start a WG last call on the informational
>> document on TCP's reaction to soft ICMP errors on connection set-up:
>>
>>         Title           : TCP's Reaction to Soft Errors
>> 	Author(s)       : F. Gont
>> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-soft-errors-05.txt
>> 	Pages           : 13
>> 	Date            : 2007-4-4
>>
>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-soft-errors-05.txt
>
> Mark points out that I should mention that the last non-editorial change
> to this draft was the addition of several omitted error codes from
> Section 2 when the draft was revised from -04 to -05.  WGLC readers
> should make sure that the draft does address all the codes.
>
> There have been several editorial only revisions of this draft, so if
> you had difficulties with tone or focus in earlier drafts, please have a
> look and see if those issues have been addressed.

I looked at changes in section 2, and I found that I couldn't even
parse these sentences(2nd paragraph of Section 2).
Surely, I know that I'm not good at English, but aren't these a bit
complicated ?

I like the methods proposed in this draft, but I feel more comfortable
if these sentences are written in plainer English.

Best regards,

--
Arifumi Matsumoto
    IP Technology Expert Team