[tcpm] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-00.txt]

Carles Gomez Montenegro <carlesgo@entel.upc.edu> Sun, 15 March 2020 08:58 UTC

Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 09:58:05 +0100
From: Carles Gomez Montenegro <carlesgo@entel.upc.edu>
To: tcpm@ietf.org
Cc: jon.crowcroft@cl.cam.ac.uk
Subject: [tcpm] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-tcpm-delack-suppr-reqs-00.txt]

Dear all,

First of all, we would like to thank everyone who gave feedback and very
interesting ideas regarding the 'TCP ACK Pull' proposal.

We agree with Bob Briscoe (and others) that, before designing solutions,
we should first work on clarifying the scope of the problem, and determine
which may be the requirements for potential solutions.

Along the above lines, we submitted a new I-D (please find pointers to it
below). The main purpose of the document is to present the problem
statement, and derive requirements for potential solutions.

Additionally, some potential solutions that have been suggested in this
space are also discussed in the I-D. This part of the document might be
removed at some point, and of course we need to first focus on
requirements. However, it seemed to us that this part of the document
might provide additional value by illustrating the trade-offs in the
solution space, as per our current understanding of the problem.

Feedback is more than welcome!

Also, if anyone would like to contribute and join the effort, please do
not hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,

Carles