INTELSAT Documentation on IP over Satellite

osama qadan <osama.qadan@intelsat.int> Wed, 17 June 1998 14:57 UTC

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 10:57:00 -0400
From: osama qadan <osama.qadan@intelsat.int>
To: tyrer@ds3ee1.ece.missouri.edu
Cc: tcp-over-satellite@achtung.sp.trw.com, tcppep@lerc.nasa.gov
Subject: INTELSAT Documentation on IP over Satellite
Sender: owner-tcppep@lerc.nasa.gov

The documentation on the trials we made in INTELSAT, to demonstrate the
functionality of TCP/IP over satellite, are available on the INTELSAT
Business Network, which can be accessed ONLY by INTELSAT customers.  For
inquiries on how can others access this network, please refer to our website
on:   http://www.intelsat.int
and there you will find INTELSAT contact names which you can use to ask
about the possibility of obtaining such a permission.

Regards,

-----------
Osama Qadan,Engineer (Internet over Satellite)
International Satellites Organization (INTELSAT)
Tel:  (202) 944-7328 // Fax:  (202) 944-7644
Internet:  osama.qadan@intelsat.int
-------------
Original Text
>From TYRER@SMTPGATE (Dr. Harry Tyrer) {tyrer@ds3ee1.ece.missouri.edu}, on
6/17/98 10:47 AM:
To: OSAMA QADAN@INTELSAT (osama qadan)
Cc: BORDER@SMTPGATE (John Border) {border@hns.com}, TCP-OVER@SMTPGATE
{tcp-over-satellite@achtung.sp.trw.com}, TCPPEP@SMTPGATE
{tcppep@lerc.nasa.gov}

> Actually last year, we have demonstrated here in INTELSAT during the
> Internet summit held here that TCP/IP works over satellite, and we have
> drafted several documents supporting that.

Do you posting the references on this?  I would appreciate it.

Cordially,
Harry W. Tyrer
Professor
Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science
305 Engineering Building West
University of Missouri - Columbia
Columbia, Missouri 65211
voice 573-882 6489