RE: YOUR KIND REPLY

Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com> Fri, 11 October 2002 03:17 UTC

Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:17:58 +0900
To: "Bohlmann, Dave" <dave.bohlmann@windriver.com>
From: Fred Baker <fred@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: YOUR KIND REPLY
Cc: 'Mike Holdsworth' <mike.holdsworth@metrodata.co.uk>, tcpsat@lerc.nasa.gov
Sender: owner-tcpsat@grc.nasa.gov

At 09:10 AM 10/10/2002 -0700, Bohlmann, Dave wrote:
>   i asked the FBI about these type of emails a while back.  they say it's
>old stuff, still in circulation after God knows how long.  they pop up now
>and then.  this guy's probably long out of office, even dead.

possible, but given the number of these I receive (I have counted a dozen
in a day) the person sending them isn't very dead.

You might look on the web for information about "419" scams. That is the
number of the Nigerian law (ever notice a lot of these are from Africa, and
many from Nigeria?) that it violates. BOttom line, if someone tells you
that they want to drop millions of dollars into your bank account for money
laundering purposes, delete the email.

>list: i wonder what this clown would do if we all replied en masse?

I think he would snd from a different email list next time. Probably does
that anyway.