Re: [Teas] Issues with draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro (was: AD review draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-li-lb)

Ben Wright <Ben.Wright@metaswitch.com> Thu, 08 January 2015 10:51 UTC

From: Ben Wright <Ben.Wright@metaswitch.com>
To: labn - Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>, "adrian@olddog.co.uk" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>, "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>, "draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro.all@tools.ietf.org" <draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro.all@tools.ietf.org>, Cyril Margaria <cmargaria@juniper.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 10:51:36 +0000
x-originating-ip: [2620:104:4001:73:cdb2:824b:206c:bd60]
Subject: Re: [Teas] Issues with draft-ietf-teas-lsp-attribute-ro (was: AD review draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-li-lb)

Thanks Lou. I agree with your points.

On point 2)
- Section 2.2 changes, the text here looks good to me.  I'd add "The set of valid flags are defined in section 4.3" as a forward reference to make life easier for the reader.

- On the MIP and SRLG collection flags: I don't really see a requirement for allowing them to be included in the LSP Hop Attributes subobject in the ERO.  In both cases I'd expect a network admin would always want to enable the function on all nodes on the path of an LSP.  If someone has a good use case for allowing these to be set differently on different hops, then it would be straightforward to raise a separate draft to describe the use case and change this position.

On point 3) agree.

Other folks?  Cyril - if you agree, are you OK to make these changes?

Ben