Re: [Teas] Fwd: [Bier] WGLC - draft-ietf-bier-te-arch 1 WEEK

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Thu, 20 February 2020 04:05 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 05:05:20 +0100
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Cc: teas@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Teas] Fwd: [Bier] WGLC - draft-ietf-bier-te-arch 1 WEEK

Thanks Lou

For various non-technical issues [1], this document took
unfortunately quite long to get to this stage.

At IETF101 i presented about BIER-TE in TEAS:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teas-framework-for-traffic-engineering-with-bier-te-forwarding

This was related to the framework draft targeted for TEAS how
to manage the traffic engineering of BIER-TE. That draft is currently
expired because of [1], and after a BIER-TE RFC is out, we'll
revisit how to best continue with that work. Because of Lous
feedback on the BIER mailing list and the non-existance of an
up-to-date TE framework doc for BIER-TE, i also pushed an update -06
of the BIER-TE spec with a short summary of what the framework
was expected to include.

The big building block for a complete statelesss multicast TE solution
that was missing from the framework document is btw the
stateless (hop-by-hop) latency management (cyclic queuing), which
we only posted later (draft-qiang-detnet-large-scale-detnet).

Cheers
    Toerless

[1] too long to explain here ;-)