[Teas] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-teas-5g-ns-ip-mpls-02

Timothy Winters via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Fri, 23 February 2024 19:24 UTC

From: Timothy Winters via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: int-dir@ietf.org
Cc: draft-ietf-teas-5g-ns-ip-mpls.all@ietf.org, teas@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 11:24:45 -0800
Subject: [Teas] Intdir early review of draft-ietf-teas-5g-ns-ip-mpls-02

Reviewer: Timothy Winters
Review result: Almost Ready

I am an assigned INT directorate reviewer for draft-ietf-teas-5g-ns-ip-mpls.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the Internet Area
Directors. Document editors and shepherd(s) should treat these comments just
like they would treat comments from any other IETF contributors and resolve
them along with any other Last Call comments that have been received. For more
details on the INT Directorate, see
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/intdir/about/>.

it's in good shape for publishing as Informational document. I found the
Appendix C was helpful, as I'm not an expert in 5G deployments.

This document recommends encoding of the IP addressing in section 4.2 using
most significant 96-bits to simplify mapping tables.  There is nothing wrong
with this, but it should be noted for privacy and other considerations if/when
deploying over the public internet space.  Section 5.2.1 allows for IPv6
encapsulation using SR6, so there is no issue with MTU that any encapsulation
technique would encounter.  It uses DSCP for QoS, so there no use of flow
labels or additional headers.

Nits:
Figure 32 table has some formatting errors.